September 14th. International Seminar ‘Threats to Democracy and Multipolar Order”, an initiative from Celso Amorim and Perseu Abramo Foundation (FPA), the event receives thinkers and politicians with international prestige.
9h | Opening Session
- Marcio Pochmann, President, Perseu Abramo Foundation; and
- Gleisi Hoffmann, Senator of the Republic and president from the Worker’s Party (PT).
9h20-13h | Session 1 – Democracy and the crisis of contemporary multilateralism
- Dominique de Villepin, former French Prime Minister;
- Massimo D’Alema, former Italian Prime Minister;
- Pierre Sané, former Secretary General at Amnesty International and president at the Imagine Africa Institute (Senegal);
- Jorge Taiana, Member of the Mercosul Parliament and former Argentinian Minister of Foreign Affairs; and
- Marilena Chaui, Philosopher and Emeritus professor at the Philosophy, Letters and Human Sciences School of the São Paulo University (USP) - Brazil.
Coordination: Celso Amorim, president of the International Committee of Solidarity in Defence of Lula and Democracy in Brazil and former Minister of Defence and Foreign Affairs (Brazil).
14h-17h45 | Session 2 – Progressiveness and Neoliberalism into a Developing World
- Noam Chomsky, Emeritus Professor in Linguistics at Massachusetts Institute of Technology and Laureate Professor in Linguistics at University of Arizona (United States of America);
- Luiz Carlos Bresser Pereira, Emeritus Professor at the Getúlio Vargas Foundation (Brazil);
- Cuauhtémoc Cárdenas, president at the Lázaro Cárdenas y Amalia Solórzano Centre and former Federal District Governor (México);
- Carlos Ominami, former Senator and director at the Chile 21 Foundation (Chile); and
- José Luís Rodrigues Zapatero, former Spanish Prime Minister.
Session Coordination: Luiz Dulci, vice-president from Worker’s Party and former Secretary General at the Presidency of Republic (Brazil).